I'm famous...sort of
Last week - just after I posted the pictures from my weekend trip to the wildlife preserve - I was contacted by the webmaster at Travelnet.org, a non-profit travel portal. He asked if he could use some of my pictures for his Africa pages - with proper citation, of course. As a neophyte blogger, I am a sucker for the attention, and immediately said Yes. Yesterday, these two posts (here and here) went up on their website, promoting my travels and the natural beauty of South Africa to a wider audience. Hopefully this partnership will expand as I continue my travels (and picture taking) in Southern Africa. You guys should check out their sites if you have a moment; there are some really interesting posts and some really beautiful pictures to be seen.
That's all for now; I'll be back with some more substantive posts tomorrow.
2 comments:
crazy...sometimes i don't understand the internets.
For the previous poster who did not understand the internet, please note that it is a series of tubes.
To my nephew... Your brush with the wider audience of that travel site triggers a thought. I have been musing lately about blogging, MySpace, Digg, Delicious, Flickr, etc. and what it says about your generation. In particular how willing to be public you are. (And by you, I mean the so called "Millenial" generation, not necessarily you in particular, Ben.) Anyway... I wonder if it is a hidden desire for 15 minutes or more of fame. And if so... what does that mean culturally?
Post a Comment