Cutz of the Week: v1.0
I feel like I should balance that last post out with something a little more accessible. Here I present to you the two tracks that have gotten the most play on my iPod this past week. My homie Kerry sent me the links to these songs weeks ago, but I hadn't gotten around to listening to them until recently.
The first is a track by the inimitable Isley Brothers - an incredible musical group who have been recording since the mid 50's moving from gospel, to (bluesy) rock, to Motown, and eventually to modern R&B. I'm actually not sure when this cut was recorded - but this fact seems trivial when faced with its unabashed awesomeness.
the Isley Brothers - I Turned You On: http://www.tradebit.com/usr
The second track is a remix of a Biggie Smalls song originally recorded in '93. The New York based electronic music duo Ratatat have given the song a brand new sound for a new era of music, replete with devastating guitar riffs and dramatic electronic effects. I highly recommend that you check both of these songs out.
Notorious BIG (remixed by Ratatat): http://ratatatmusic.com/mp3/02
(Note: I am thinking that this will become a regular part of the blog. You guys have probably figured out that I quite enjoy writing about music [past and present], and that I have made a lifetime commitment to improving the quality of music that friends and family listen to. In light of this, I will do my best to share some of the tracks in heavy rotation in my life.)
No comments:
Post a Comment