Mi casa
...and now for something completely different: some pics of my new apartment.
It's a small, modern studio in a nice neighborhood with lots of light and a full wall of sliding glass doors that open onto a patio with a gas barbecue (a proper piece of braai-ing hardware). Upstairs is a sleeping deck with (not enough) closet space, a TV, an air conditioner (!), more windows, a small deck, and a surprisingly comfortable bed which is slightly, but only slightly, bigger than a twin.






As you can see from these pics I'm not completely unpacked just yet; I still have a day or two of vacation left, ok? And I am fairly sure that you haven't heard the last from me today. I have promised myself that I'll write a another ~500 words for this personal statement, which obviously means that I will need to take breaks with staggering frequency. I don't need to have this thing done until June 1 when the AMCAS (the Med School common application) goes live, but Amherst wants a draft for May 1. In any case, I'll probably be back later. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment