Monday, April 30, 2007

Worldwide Readership Up, New Report Shows


It has been a while since I welcomed new readers to the blog. There are now readers of Smarter Than the Average Bearnot in 44 countries around the world, up 12 from the last time I reported. A big Hello to new readers in the following countries:

India
Trinidad and Tobago
Israel
Turkey
Singapore
Namibia
Palestine
Thailand
Romania
Norway
Burkina Faso
Brunei


I hope you guys are liking what you're reading so far - and I would encourage you to post comments or e-mail me directly if there are any topics relating to HIV/AIDS or life in South Africa you'd like me to address.

I am swamped under loads of work this week, including starting to design a half-day training for the staff of the clinics I have been visiting on basic Monitoring and Evaluations principals and the benefits of keeping accurate statistics on HIV and HIV-related care. It is already a bit nerve wracking to realize that I'll be leading this training session for nurses, counselors, and data capturers in three and a half weeks, but I think I have a handle on the information I need to impart. And I also have some good Power Point presentations drawn up by the United Nations and the US government covering some of the relevant information to use as templates for portions of this training.

Alright, I've distracted myself long enough. Talk to you soon.

No comments: