Round 2: Amphitheatre
Day number two in the Northern 'Berg entailed a serious hike up onto the top of the Amphitheatre, a huge rock formation that rises a nearly kilometer above the surrounding terrain. At the top there was some snow, some killer views, and a series of chain link ladders to lead you down nearly 15 stories of sheer rock face to the path back to the base area. It was a blast, and reminded me how much I love to spend time outdoors doing some intense hiking. The weather was quite crisp in the morning and evenings (hence the heavy jacket), but during the middle of the day we couldn't get our layers off fast enough - and I even came back to Durban with a nice suntan.
But, enough of my blathering; I think I would be best served by letting my pictures do the rest of the talking. Just in case you notice some glaring discrepancies between pictures: some of the pix were taken by Lara's beautiful Cannon Rebel SLR, replete with many fancy lenses. And, as always, a whole bunch more photos can be found on my Flickr site. 







No comments:
Post a Comment