Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What's Cooler than being Cool?

How in the world did it get so ice cold (ed note: Ice Cold!) so quickly? One day it’s 25 and sunny (Celsius rules), and the next it’s overcast and the temperature has dropped precipitously into the high single digits. I don’t have enough long sleeved shirts to keep this up for too long. Let’s hope the weather report is right, and everything will be back to as it should be by this weekend so I can make my way back to the beach. If I wanted it to be cold in May, I could have stayed at home.

I feel like I’m still plugging away at the same stuff work-wise as the last time I wrote about it. Between the hours that I spend on these eThekwini Municipal Clinic site visit reports and the hours I spend thinking about this med school application stuff, you would think that I would be making some progress. But I’m honestly not sure.

The 3rd South African AIDS Conference is about to take place in Durban next week. I’ve started taking a look through the abstracts, and have been trying to figure out how I’m going scheme my way in to see some of the speakers. And before you start laughing at me: remember that line from Garden State about not teasing people about their hobbies?

Alright, I’m think going to pack things in early. Hopefully things will be a bit brighter and warmer in the morning.

No comments: