Bafana Bafana

I feel very uninspired to compose anything of substance at the moment. It's a rainy Saturday, and there's tons of work that I should be doing. A draft of my redesign of the TB management protocol for the Sinikithemba Clinic is due on Monday, and I would love to have a good draft of my final medical school application essay heading into the week.
The City-Wide basketball tournament was moved to tomorrow because of the weather, but I think have found a suitable replacement activity. The South African national soccer team (fondly nicknamed Bafana Bafana which - as some cursory internet research has just taught me - is best translated as The Boys) is playing Chad this afternoon down at Absa Stadium. General admission tickets are only 30R ($4.25 or so), and there are plenty of seats still available.
The rain has slackened some, and I think I should be able to withstand a drizzle while I watch Bafana Bafana kick some Chadian tail. This will be one of many tuneup matches for the South African side leading up to World Cup 2010, which is being hosted right here in Durban and a number of other cities around South Africa.
Time for me to make myself some lunch and start to get ready to roll out. Perhaps I'll be back later.
No comments:
Post a Comment