Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Industry Rule Number 4,080…

...Public Health NGO employees are shaaaaadddddy.

This morning when I walked into work, there was a small brown envelope sitting on my desk. Inside there was a folded piece of paper with the following written on it:

Psalm 1
“I have great plans for your life Ben, just don’t wait too long before you ask Me what they are!”
Jer 29:11-13

This is certainly the first time that anyone has ever left any biblical selections for me to read. But, it’s sort of strange - after a quick internet search, it looks my name doesn't appear anywhere in these original bible verses and was just sort of inserted there by my heretofore unknown coworker. I think I’m just to keep my mouth shut about this unless the coworker (my best guess is that it’s one of the older, white women) wants to talk to me about it. Or if Psalm 2 shows up on my desk in the next few days – this time with clearer instructions.

I don’t know if I’ll ever quite get used to working in South Africa. Weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't something like this happen to you before??

Ben said...

Yeah - one of the staff people at Zoe-Life told me that she had a vision about me; it definitely involved fruit salad. There have been several amazing wtf moments...