Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Everything I'm not // made me everything I am

Never underestimate the therapeutic value of a little good news and some new tunes to bump. Ye's release couldn't have come at a better time. I listened to Graduation for the first time last night, and three or four of the most infectious beats have been looping through my head all day.

When it feels like livin's harder than dyin'/
for me givin' up's way harder than tryin'/
Lauryn Hill said her heart was in Zion/
I wish her heart still was in rhymin'/

and

Top 5 MCs you ain't gotta remind me/
Top 5 MCs you gotta rewind me/
I'm high up on the line you can get behind me/
but my head's so big, you can't sit behind me/


Word; maybe I'll get around to writing up something more substantive about the album at some point. But if that doesn't happen, you guys can check out what else I've been listening to using that cool last.fm widget over there on the right side of the page. I hope none of my more embarrassing listening habits come to light - but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Also, I got one.

2 comments:

Flash Hardcore said...

Congratulations.

Though I still think Ye's wack.

Ben said...

I still love this album a week in. Ye's flow gets tired, but those synths are nothing short of devastating.