Monday, October 8, 2007

More blocks than Zo

I feel like I have started to lose confidence in my writing. I was churning out pages upon pages of material I was happy with just a few months ago, but have recently been beset by an insidious self-consciousness not conducive for finishing up these last few application essays or attempting to consolidate my thoughts as my departure from South Africa looms ever larger.

But, I also feel like I've been learning a lot these past few weeks. About how I function best living on my own; about why I am drawn to certain people and certain types of relationships; about why these experiences in South Africa have felt so damned thrilling - if outrageously challenging - so much of the time. The type of stuff that I feel like sharing with friends over a couple of hours and a couple of beers when I finally get home.

And with that pleasant image, I'm out. Hopefully this particular strain of Writer's Block passes through my system relatively quickly; my writing suffers tremendously when it comes off as overwrought. And I'll post some pictures of the amazing Zulu festivities I went to this weekend in Highflats. Far and away the best engagement party I've ever been to. All the sheep intestines stew and traditional Zulu dancing a man could hope for. Later.

No comments: