the Funny Pages
Alright - I'mma actually try and post some stuff up here this week. The absence of new material from this blog is sort of inexcusable. It's another week plus until I start to hear back from other med schools -- and when I might, uncoincidently, begin to suffer from a terrible case of some senior-itis related illness -- but I might as well use this time to get some material up here. Let's start here, with a recent Doonesbury comic strip from G.B. Trudeau. This shit is just plain old funny, and very reminiscent of some of the nonsense taking place surrounding the drug-resistant TB epidemic in South Africa.
The hospital I was working at in Durban was started by a Christian missionary. As a result, many of the physicians (and also patients seeking treatment at the clinic) hold strongly Christian beliefs -- and some believe in the very strict interpretation of the biblical description of Creation, making them young earth creationists. Every day these physicians treated patients with newly evolved drug-resistant bugs, yet they didn't believe in Darwin's principles of natural selection and modern evolutionary theory. Weird, right? In any case, here's Trudeau's take on an appropriate punchline:
from: http://www.doonesbury.com
No comments:
Post a Comment