Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Motivational Issues


Just this brief note to say that I'm worried I am having a bit of trouble getting the wheels of my brain turning again. Being out of school and without a substantive job these past few months I have fallen into bad habits about working consistently. I've done enough to get myself into medical school and a job for the summer -- no small feats, I'll concede -- but have been very lax in my habits about Getting Things Done on a regular basis and it's starting to make me nervous.

Hopefully it's nothing, and my long sought-after -- but only more-recently cultivated -- aptitude for determined productivity will reemerge on cue. With jobs and a return to school looming in the near temporal horizon, it’s very freaking important. Let this post serve as notice to my current proclivity toward Sloth: I’m coming for you, buddy, and I don’t like your odds one bit, dig?

I imagine I'll be back again soon with some more interesting news for you to contend with.

No comments: