Dropping Mad Science
Writing a blog has been a particularly hard thing to do thus far. I try to write about things that are going on in my life - particularly South Africa related things - and I try to write about things that might interest you guys. And I am starting to get the idea that these two criteria are not quite compatible at the moment. My life in the US isn't all that interesting for the time being; I spend my time doing things to get ready for SA, worrying about things I have yet to do for SA, or hanging out with my friends/family. These three activities: not so interesting to read about, I imagine.
Maybe some of the things I have been reading about will interest you? There was just a great article in the New York Times Magazine on Sunday about the possibility of a treatment that could cut HIV infections in Africa in half. This is an interesting use of a public health answer to provide some solution to a question that seems to be baffling the biomedical community. I have also been reading about this interesting study published in Science magazine that confirms that education and religious beliefs can be accurate predictors of your belief in evolution or creationism. The study also makes some other interesting points about how are beliefs are formed. I'd recommend checking it out if you're into that kind of thing.
I think that should be all for now; keep those RSVPs a comin'.
b
1 comment:
I say this a little in jest, but mostly not. What do you think about developing a circumcision training program?
Post a Comment