Saturday, January 13, 2007

If Prince were here, at least it'd be Purple Rain

In Vermont with Ariel for the long weekend. We had a couple days of good skiing at Stratton and Okemo so far, but this morning it was raining, so we decided to take the day off and rest our sore quads, calves, and backs. (I'm very glad I got a chance to go skiing before I leave.)


Shopping ensued, and I purchased 2 pairs of pants (one pair for $3.50) and two polos at the Banana Republic outlet here in Manchester, VT. These are probably the last purchases for my trip to SA; the HIV Coordinator at the McCord Hospital said the attire is "not formal (don't need shirt & tie), and it is VERY hot in January. But don't be too casual. Perhaps smart-casual is the thing to aim for." I own very few clothing that meets the "smart-casual" bar, especially for the hot weather (it turns out that when she says VERY HOT, it really only gets up to the low-to-mid 80's. Can't be as bad as 95 in New York City, can it?).

Also, I'm really looking forward to seeing as many of you guys as possible next Saturday night. Hopefully, I'll be sending around some e-mails about the party in the next few days. I'm not exactly sure who is reading my blog at this - relatively early - stage, so I want to make sure that everyone knows what's up. My apologies if you are doubly invited. E-mail me or leave a comment on the blog if you think you can make it.

Hope you all are having amazing 3-day weekends, and I'll be back in NYC for my final week by tomorrow night.

b

No comments: