Breaking the news (and sending other people the bill)
Again I've been caught napping at the blog wheel. This lapse in posting in no way corresponds with any lack of activity in my life:
The team I am working on the TB/HIV coinfection study with has been asked to present to the staff of the clinic early next week on our observations so far. Because we have not yet entered our retrospective data into the Access database, we will be limited to making qualitative assessments of tuberculosis care in the clinic. However, I'm sure that this will prove to be a very interesting process and I'm looking forward to hear what all of the other clinicians feel are the strengths and shortcomings of the current methodology.
I am currently coordinating another round of site visits to eThekwini municipality clinics in the coming weeks, as I continue my intensive systems evaluation and development projects at each of the sites scheduled to start rolling out more comprehensive HIV care starting at the beginning of next month. Sometimes this project feels totally overwhelming, but I have been working with some most excellent people at the Sinikithemba Clinic who have been wonderful in helping me to systematically and strategically think about all of the upcoming hurdles.
I've actually managed to write a first draft of this personal statement, which is now circulating amongst my small cadre of readers. I am actually pleasantly surprised with how it is progressing, but I still have a bunch of work to do before the May 1 deadline.
My housewarming party last weekend was a rousing success. People from the various circles I have been hanging out with all showed up over the course of the evening and we managed to do some solid grilling and chilling. And because it is something that I take very seriously, I was excited to hear that people were feeling the compilation of music that I put together for the evening.
I've been trying to respond to all of your e-mails as quickly as they've come in. I'm starting to realized that it's a dangerous business when I tell you guys to drop me a line; I invariably find myself digging out from underneath an inbox filled the the most wonderful e-mails from friends all over the world.
I've been spending a little bit of my free time watching the ICC Cricket World Cup on the SABC Sport network. Because South Africa is still in the mix there is lots of attention being paid to these matches by the local media. Ireland, England, Sri Lanka, Australia, Bangladesh, New Zealand, and the West Indies are also all still left in the Super 8 round of the tournament.
That's going to be all for tonight - talk to you guys soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment